King Plastic Corporation
King StarBoard® | Marine HDPEKing Plastic Corporation
Warning for California residents.
King StarBoard® | Marine Plywood Replacement
King StarBoard® is the original marine-grade high-density polyethylene and the industry standard. It is the product of a proprietary process called K-Stran®, the most advanced manufacturing process available for producing consistently flat continuous sheets. King StarBoard® is environmentally stabilized to withstand the harshest marine conditions. It will not rot or discolor like teak and other solid woods, and it will not delaminate like wood laminates. King StarBoard® is easy to work with using standard woodworking tools, and design changes are a snap. In addition, the installed cost of King StarBoard® is less than teak, other common marine woods, and fiberglass. Boat buyers appreciate King StarBoard®’s low-maintenance finish. Repair and refinishing due to weathering and decay are eliminated, and cleaning is easy. King StarBoard® has a handsome matte finish on both sides to hide scuffs and scratches that would show on glossy textured sheets or acrylics. King StarBoard is upgradable to King MicroShield® with an exclusive antimicrobial additive, the latest technology for protecting the product surface against stain and odor causing bacteria, algae and fungi. King StarBoard is upgradable with King FlameShield, for ASTM E-84 Class A or B Flame/Smoke Compliance and CAN/ULC-S102 for Canadian Compliance.
- Made of the finest polymers available, using our proprietary K-Stran process for superior flatness and consistency.
- Environmentally stabilized for harsh sun and tough marine environments.
- Will not rot, swell, splinter or delaminate when exposed to humidity or water.
- Precise tolerances ensure consistent color, thickness and density, even for special thickness gauges and custom order colors.
- Unlimited custom/proprietary colors.
- Has passed the Federal Motor Vehicle Standard 302 fire test required for use in motor vehicles, including motor homes.
- Shipped with a protective masking on one side.
- Edges finish cleanly and easily.
- Easy to clean and never needs refinishing.
- Bow Pulpits
- Frames and Trim
- Grab Rails and Handles
- Hatches and Doors
- Steps and Dock Boxes
Disclaimer: King MicroShield® may affect color. King FlameShield may affect finish and color. *For bacteriostatic, fungistatic, & algistatic properties. This product is exempt from registration under 40 CFR 152.25(a). King MicroShield® effectiveness verified by ISO and ASTM standards. This product does not protect users or others from disease-causing bacteria. Always clean this product thoroughly after use.
- Marine Board