Ketron® CLASSIX™ LSG PEEK
Ketron CLASSIX™ LSG PEEK stock shapes are produced from Invibio® PEEK-CLASSIX White resin. This material has a maximum body contact duration of 30 days and exhibits a unique combination of mechanical properties, temperature and chemical resistance.
The composition of the Invibio PEEK-CLASSIX White resin complies with the regulations that apply in the Member States of the European Union (Directive 2002/72/EC, as amended) and in the United States of America (FDA) for plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.
Ketron CLASSIX™bLSG PEEK stock shapes have also been successfully type tested for their compliance with both United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and ISO 10993-1 guideline requirements for Biocompatibility Testing of Materials, and they come with full traceability from resin to stock shape. These features, added to an excellent sterilizability by means of steam, dry heat, ethylene oxide, plasma and gamma irradiation, make Ketron CLASSIX™ LSG PEEK stock shapes very suitable for applications in the medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets.
- USP Class VI ISO 10993 Compliant
- Approved for body contact up to 30 days
- Biocompatibility tested and certified
- Resistance to most common cleaning and sterilization methods
- Full traceability from raw material to stock shape
- Color coding possibilities
- Certification according to regulatory standards saves time for testing
- Lot traceability
- Better machinability compared to stainless steel and other materials
- Improved wear performance in unlubricated conditions
- Lower weight which leads to lower inertia forces
- X-ray transparency
- Design flexibility
- Resistance to high energetic radiation