Ertalyte® TX is an internally lubricated thermoplastic polyester providing enhanced wear and inertness over general purpose nylon(PA) and acetal(POM) products. Containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, Ertalyte® TX provides a lower wear rate and coefficient of friction than unmodified polyesters like PET or PBT and even internally lubricated materials like Delrin® AF blend.
Ertalyte® TX excels under both high pressure and velocity conditions. It is also ideally suited for applications involving soft metal and plastic mating surfaces.Applications:
- Distributions Valves
- Good for both wet and dry environments
- High strength and rigidity—ideal for close tolerance parts
- Excellent stain resistance
- Good wear resistance and excellent dimensional stability
- Better resistance to acids than nylon or acetal