UHMWPE (GUR® 1050)
Medical grade UHMWPE is produced from premium resins in accordance with ASTM specification F648 and International Standard ISO 5834-1 for surgical implants.
Available in GUR® 1020 (Type 1) and GUR® 1050 (Type 2) surgical grades.
Recommended sterilization techniques include EtO gas, cold sterilization, and limited gamma irradiation. UHMW-PE is lot controlled and traceable. Stress relieved custom certifications are available. It is used in surgical implants as articulating surfaces for total joint arthroplasty, and in various instruments, devices and components for orthopedic and general surgery.
- Exceptionally high notched impact strength
- High energy absorption capacity at high stress rate
- Excellent wear-resistant properties
- Low coefficient of friction
- Very high chemical resistance to acids, alkalis and corrosive gases
- Highly resistant to environmental stress cracking
- Wide service temperature range from -200°C to 90°C
- Biocompatible and lightweight (0.930g/cm)
- FDA, USDA, 3A and NSF compliant grades
- Negligible water absorption
- Lot controlled and traceable
Diameters: 1/2”, 1”, 1-1/2”, 2”, 2-1/2”, 3”, 3-1/2”, 4”
Lengths: 60”, 120”