TECAST™ (Cast Nylon)
Tecast™ (cast nylon) is available in a variety of grades and offers a combination of good mechanical properties, excellent bearing and wear characteristics, and the large-size capabilities of the casting process. Its fatigue resistance, noise damping ability, corrosion resistance, and light weight make Tecast™ ideal for metal replacement applications, such as bearings, gears, sheaves, and sprockets. Tecast™ has excellent wear and abrasion resistance, resulting in extended component life and lower maintenance costs. Its formulations are readily available in rod, plate, and tube.Grades:
- Tecast™ 6PA Natural – FDA compliant cast type 6 nylon for use in applications requiring cast nylon advantages without fillers
- Tecast™ 6PA Black – a black cast type 6 nylon that is more UV resistant than 6PA natural
- Tecast™ 6PA Blue – a blue cast type 6 nylon with properties similar to 6PA natural
- Tecast™ 6PAM – a molybdenum disulfide-filled cast type 6 nylon used for general bearings and wear applications because of its superior strength and hardness
- Tecast™ 6PAG – a graphite powder-filled cast type 6 nylon with properties similar to 6PAM but better suited to wet applications
- Tecast™ 6XAU – a high heat (up to 260 °F continuous), weather resistant cast type 6 nylon with superior fatigue resistance and bearing properties
- Tecast™ 6PAL – an oil-filled cast type 6 nylon used in applications requiring excellent bearing and wear properties where external lubrication is difficult or impractical
Tecast™ is commonly used in construction equipment, material handling systems, amusement park rides, pulp and paper processing equipment, and steel mills.
- Thrust washers
- Wear pads
All trade and patent rights should be observed. All rights reserved. TECAST™, – Ensinger Industries, Inc.
Lengths: 4’ for 2” to 8” DIA., 12’ for 9” to 20” DIA.
Plate Sizes: 1/4” to 4” thickness inclusive are:
2’ x 4’
4’ x 4’
4’ x 8’
3/8” also available in 4’ x 8’