GEHR® CPVC (Corzan®)
CPVC has good mechanical properties at higher temperatures (+200 °F).Applications:
- Higher temperature valve seats and pump components
- Good mechanical properties at higher temperatures than PVC Type I
- 80 °F higher heat resistance than PVC Type I
- UL rated 94 V-0
- A homopolymer PVC that has been subjected to a chlorination reaction. As the chlorine content is increased, the glass transition temperature of the material increases significantly.
- Limiting Oxygen Index is 60 which is higher than PVC, ABS, polypropylene, HDPE or PVDF. This means it will not burn as quickly as these materials in environments less than 60% pure oxygen.